COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Following are information and updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus), specifically as it relates to the La Crosse Center.
LA CROSSE CENTER | LA CROSSE, WISCONSIN
The management team of the La Crosse Center takes our role as caretakers of a place our guests come to, seriously. We aim to be responsible employers by providing a safe environment for all. As part of our commitment to helping protect each of our valued guests and our team members, we want to share with you the precautions we are taking in response to COVID-19.
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
La Crosse Center is committed to achieving Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, La Crosse Center will implement the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in its facility.
As the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR™ helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training, and assesses a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. The program will verify that the La Crosse Center implements best practices to prepare for, respond to, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
To achieve GBAC STAR™ accreditation, The La Crosse Center will demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. See press release.
The La Crosse Center continues to closely monitor the latest development regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) globally and any potential impact it may have on our day-to-day operations. We take great pride in our normal practices to maintain a clean and sanitary environment. The La Crosse Center has implemented enhanced cleaning measures that reflect the recommended standards of the CDC precautionary guidelines and other public health organizations, which include:
- Cleaning to remove dirt and impurities from surfaces, which may lower germ counts before disinfecting
- Cleaning Technique for high touch areas includes using disinfectants reducing and killing germs on surfaces and objects
- Disinfecting Technique for high touch areas includes cleaning products effective against coronavirus. Cleaning equipment will disinfect seating areas, restrooms, handrails, elevators, escalators, and other high touch areas before each event
- Increased Signage outlining advisable precautions (e.g. frequent hand washing, safety recommendations, etc.)
We want guests to know that their safety and well-being are our priority.
- Social Distancing practices, per CDC recommendations, should be followed on stairways and escalators, inside elevators, at event entrances, restrooms, and concession areas and in seating sections.
- Hand Washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is vital to help stop the spread of virus and guests are encouraged to wash their hands after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, smoking, eating or drinking
- Sanitizing Stations with hand sanitizer will be available throughout the complex, and we encourage guests to use them
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), specifically the use of masks or other facial coverings, is required to be used by guests attending events
- Not Feeling Well – for the safety of other guests and the La Crosse Center team members, we ask you to stay home if you are not feeling well and invite you to return when you are feeling better.
We are actively communicating with team members about their role in helping prevent the spread of germs, including thorough hand washing, avoiding contact with people who are sick, and staying home if they are not feeling well. The following measures are now in place:
- Health Screening and educating staff on the symptoms of COVID-19 and policies and procedures for maintaining a healthy workplace
- Temperature checks will be performed before the start of any work shift
- Social Distancing practices, per CDC recommendations, will be followed by team members
- Hand Washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is vital to help stop the spread of the virus. All team members have been instructed to wash their hands after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, and before and after starting a shift.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by our team members in adherence to state and local regulations and guidance. The La Crosse Center requires team members to wear face coverings whenever they are working in an area open to the public and/or where proper social distancing cannot be reasonably maintained
- Equipment Disinfecting will occur before first use, between users and after each shift
We look forward to opening the doors again and welcoming you back soon! We value the time and effort it takes to attend events taking place at the La Crosse Center and we are grateful for the trust you place in us.
Wisconsin Department of Health Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm
City of La Crosse’s COVID-19 community resources: https://www.cityoflacrosse.org/your-government/departments/covid-19-community-coordination-plan
La Crosse County: https://lacrossecounty.org/covid19
Numerous public and private events have been impacted and the Center team is working diligently on rescheduling and announcing new dates, if applicable. The ticket office staff is also working closely with event organizers to process refunds. Please continue to check our website or follow along on Facebook for updates.
The following public ticketed events are eligible for a refund at the point of purchase:
- Harlem Globetrotters
- Hotel California
- Bon Iver
If you purchased a ticket to the Harlem Globetrotters, Hotel California – a Tribute to the Eagles, or Bon Iver directly from the La Crosse Center Box Office, you may send a photo of your tickets and receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number and Natalie will contact you for credit card information or mailing information if paid with cash.
We have implemented enhanced health and safety precautions for you, other guests, the Licensee (your host), and our team members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the La Crosse Center. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness or death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. The La Crosse Center is not liable for COVID-19 transmissions. By visiting the La Crosse Center, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
LA CROSSE BY THE NUMBERS
- 5,100 Hotel rooms in La Crosse
- 1,600 Hotel rooms within walking distance of the center
- 50 Downtown restaurants within walking distance
- 15 MINUTES to the La Crosse Airport and 7 MINUTES to Amtrak